Get to know us - Part Ten - Chelsea Broda Photography
It's been a LONG time since we introduced you to anyone in the community....and what better way to get back on top of intro's then by sharing some fun facts about the wonderfully talented, hard working photographer & momma: Chelsea Broda!
Chelsea joined the AWS Community early on and has been a consistent bright light and supportive fixture in our little fam! I'm happy to share these fun facts about this amazing young woman! Enjoy :)
1. How long have you been a photographer?
I have been in business for 4 years. Although I have been taking pictures along as I can remember.
2. Why did you choose to start a business in Photography?
I have always loved photography, and felt I was at a point in my life where my passion could be turned into a business. I was working in a very busy pub but definitely felt my age playing a role in my longevity of working there. With proper support in place, I was able to take the chance, and haven't looked back!
3. Name 2-3 people who you admire/look up to in the wedding industry and why.
I admire so many brilliant photographers in the wedding industry. I think the first one I discovered who's images really stood out to me was Phil Chester. His vibe really spoke to me, from the editing tones and mood to composition of the images, I really felt drawn to his work.
Next I would have to say Ang McCabe of Myrtle and Moss photography. I have been in awe of her work for years. The emotion she captures is truly inspiring. The
way she tells a couples love story is like no one else I've ever seen.
4. If you didn’t have your photography business, what else would you like to do for a living?
If I wasn't a photographer, and had been smarter when I was younger (as in figuring out what I would have liked to have done in my 20s) I would have been a nurse. I have always been drawn to the medical field and have the most respect for nurses. I feel like it would have been a great fit for me.
5. What is your favorite thing about being a part of the Alberta Wedding Social Community so far?
So I feel like I am fairly new to the wedding scene, even though I have been capturing weddings for a few years, I am really enjoying seeing the collaborative work of the vendors
1. Where are you originally from?
I am originally from Vancouver, although I have been I Calgary for 28 years, something about being near the ocean feels like home. All my family (except one brother and fam) live in Vancouver, so it definitely holds a special place in my heart.
2. Tell us about your family. Married? Kids? Pets?
I am truly lucky and have 3 amazing healthy boys. Aged 13, 11 and 18 months old. Not married, but happily committed.
3. If you had one free hour a day to do ANYTHING, what would you do?
If I had one free hour a day, I'd probably sit outside and drink coffee or go for a walk. I love the sunshine and feeling its warmth
4. Tell us 3 of your favorite places you’ve travelled and why.
Vienna, Anda beach (Bohol island, Philippines) and Munich.
I have Austrian/German heritage and have been fortunate to be in Europe 3 times. I love all the old architecture and charm that the city's have. I am a sucker for a beach and the beach in Anda was amazing. We spent 4 days there cruising around on a motorcycle exploring the island & stayed in a private ocean front villa with the most amazing views. It was definitely an incredible place to visit.
5. Name 3 people (family members, famous people, friends, whomever) who have influenced your life in a positive way and a brief description as to how/why.
I think my whole family has influenced me to in becoming who I am. I have been blessed with the most amazing and supportive group cheering me on. My kids influence me in a way to see things from their perspective. To slow down and enjoy the time, be carefree and play.
6. What is your favorite meal/food?
Probably pasta. I'm a sucker for a delicious white wine cream sauce...
7. List 3 of your favorite TV shows, 3 of your favorite movies and 3 of your favorite bands/musicians.
TV shows - well I don't have cable and watch "tv" now but have loved the series - the Ozarks, Friends, and Sex and the City.
Movies - anything Wes Anderson, the notebook & National Lampoon Christmas Vacation
Bands - Childish Gambino, Foster the People and Arcade Fire.
9. Ask your husband and each of your kids, to describe you in 3 words (Loving, generous etc)
Loving, caring, beautiful - my 13yr old
Passionate, extraordinary, loving - my 11 yr old
10. Last but not least; tell us your favorite quote or “words to live by”!
"Be kind to one another"