"Get to know us" Part Two - Q&A with Chloe of Chloe Photo
Part two in our "get to know us" series is all about the incredibly talented Chloe of Chloe Photo. This girl is one of the photographer's I truly admire in this business. We may have a very different style to our photography, but that doesn't mean I don't ogle and awe at her work on the daily. Her work is timeless and she puts so much love into every image. Admiring her comes easy! :)
I'm so grateful this busy mom of 3 (4 if you count her pup!) took the time to share some of herself with us in the fun Q&A!
1. How long have you been in business? This year I’m celebrating 10 years!
2. Why did you choose to start a business in photography? It honestly just fell into my lap. I remember taking my dad’s little point and shoot and just photographing things on my grandparents farm in DeWinton. That excitement of capturing light through their barn and creating a sense of magic through a photo just lit a fire inside me. I finally started taking photography in high school, then working towards my photojournalism certification at SAIT! But the biggest push to start this business was the birth of my kids and realizing how important it is to document your loved ones.
3. Name 2-3 people who you admire/look up to in the wedding industry and why.
Katelyn James; She is the ultimate mentor and leader for photographers around the world. She and her family have also overcome the hardest seasons of their lives and I admire them so much for their strength and resiliency. They’re beyond amazing people.
D’Arcy Benincosa; She is such a bad ass entrepreneur! I love her business initiative, her education and her entire brand period. Not to mention her work is STUNNING! And her headshots are goals!
4. If you didn’t have Chloe Photo, what else would you like to do for a living? I’ve always had a passion and love for Marine Biology, however I do have my Medical Office Assistant diploma, so perhaps an MOA. Or I’ve dreamed of becoming a teacher!
5. What is your favorite thing about being a part of the Alberta Wedding Social Community so far? Obviously the support not only from Melanie but all other vendors is wonderful. It’s been fun seeing the talent within Alberta and watching us lift each other up, especially during this hard time. And it’s great to send my brides to a specific place to shop for vendors!
1. Where are you originally from? I was born in Sydney Australia but grew up in Calgary Alberta! And I currently live in Stettler Alberta.
2. Tell us about your family. Married? Kids? Pets? I’ll be celebrating 10 years with my husband in July! And we’ll be celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary in August! We also have 3 kiddos, Carter 7, Emma 6 and Max who just turned 1! And of course our big beautiful Staffordshire lab Hank! Who will be 3 in September (I count him at our fourth kid)
3. If you had 1 free hour a day to spend (by yourself) doing anything at all, what would you do?! Oh my goodness, I’d probably sit in my living room with some chips and an ice cold coke and watch a TV show! Or sit in my newly painted office and online shop/browse! I’d really love to say go get a pedicure but that sadly would be more than an hour!
4. What do you love most about your beautiful dog, Hank? ;) Oh where do I even start with this big love of mine… he’s a lot of dog.. and I mean a lot of dog! And he was definitely a wild puppy… but since growing out of that puppy phase, he’s such a calming gentle giant. It’s just unconditional love with him and he’s taken a huge protective side to Max from the moment we brought her home. Their connection and relationship are to die for and he just lets her do whatever she wants to him haha! It’s a joy to have him in our family! We love him so much!
5. Name 3 people (family members, famous people, friends, whomever) who have influenced your life in a positive way and a brief description as to how/why. My sister; she’s my rock! Her bravery is inspiring and her infectious laugh make the world go round. She’s basically like a second Mum to my kids and watching her become a first-time Mum to her own daughter Rachel has been the absolute joy of my life. She’s the best!
Sarah Landry; aka THE BIRDS PAPAYA. If you know her, what else is there to say other than you love her? She’s real, she’s an epic Mum and she loves Friends as much as I do. She’s all for body positivity and bringing awareness to mental health, and she makes me just want to be a better person and take care of myself.
Taylor Swift; First of all, if you haven’t watched Miss Americana on Netflix, you need to go watch it right now! I’ve forever been a T. Swift fan, and this documentary just reminded me why. I think she’s incredibly talented for obvious reasons, but she delivers even beyond her music. I just love her and everything she stands for.
6. What is your favorite meal? *complete with your favorite side dish, condiment and wine/juice/pop pairing, haha.
My favorite meal would have to be a taco bake! I’m lame and only add cheese with it and loads of sour cream on the side. Of course with some coke on ice too ;)
7. List 3 of your favorite TV shows, 3 of your favorite movies and 3 of your favorite bands/musicians.
TV Shows; Friends, Grey’s Anatomy and Judge Judy
Movies; The Wedding Singer (honestly anything Adam Sandler), The Greatest Showman, Free Willy (My childhood in a nutshell!)
Bands/Musicians; Taylor Swift, Britney Spears, Ed Sheeran
8. Tell us one silly thing about yourself that (maybe) no one knows! Like a funny, unusual hidden talent or quirk.
I really do eat like a 9 year old boy! At least that’s just the phrase I use when people ask me what I like to eat. I don’t eat any fruits or veggies, nor have I really ever tried them. I’m not adventurous with food what-so-ever. For some reason, a lot of textures just freak me out. I’ve never had a strawberry, watermelon, carrot, broccoli - NOTHING! I just can’t bring myself to even try it. So my diet consists of fast food, hot dogs, sandwiches, meat, pizza (lots of pizza), burgers and fries… I’m very “vanilla” when it comes to food.
9. If your friends were to describe you in 3 words, what would they be? (ex: kind, funny etc)
Oh I just had people answer this for me for my copywriter! They said I was; CARING, PASSIONATE AND FUN!
10. Last but not least; tell us your favorite quote or “words to live by”!
“The noblest art is that of making others happy” - P.T. Barnum
Thank you SO much Chloe for opening up and sharing with us! It's so wonderful to get to know more about you. Even though I personally knew that Friends would undoubtedly be on your fave TV list and that Hank was your 4th child; I loved learning more about you Chloe, and I know our community and couples did too!